Di sinilah tempatnya.....Isi hatiku......luahan jiwaku....aduan perasaanku.....yang ku ingin kau tahu....

Wednesday, June 8

My Breastfeeding Plan

Your Breastfeeding Plan is your plan of action. It helps your family and health-care providers understand your ideal hospital experience and feeding goals.

The Plan Can Be Completed With :

-Your doctor

-Your baby’s doctor

-The hospital staff


 BF PLAN

Exclusive BreastFeeding
My goal is to exclusively breastfeed my baby. Please do not give my baby any supplements before speaking to me or my birthing partner. I need all of my baby’s suckling to be at my breast in order for me to establish a good milk supply.

No Bottles or Pacifiers
Please do not give my baby artificial nipples including pacifiers or any types of bottles filled with formula, water, or glucose water. If there is a medical reason for supplementation, I would first like to speak with a lactation consultant or pediatrician about trying alternate feeding methods with expressed breastmilk.

Skin-To-Skin
When my baby is born, I would like to have him/her placed on my chest, skin-to-skin with me for at least thirty minutes. If possible, please perform routine newborn evaluations with my baby on my chest. Throughout our stay, I want to be able to hold my baby skin-to-skin as much as possible. A blanket may be placed over us, but not between us, if extra warmth is necessary.

First Hour
Please help me initiate breastfeeding within 30-minutes to 1-hour of delivery. This means placing my baby skin-to-skin as soon as possible after birth and offering to help to begin breastfeeding when my baby seems ready (e.g. rooting, licking lips, etc.). Please do not force my baby to take the breast if he/she is not showing signs of readiness. Instead, keep my baby skin-to-skin with me until he/she is ready to try to latch.

Routine Exams
Please examine my baby in my presence and do not take him/her away from me unless he/she requires medical treatment that cannot be done in my room.

Emergency Cesarean
If I have a cesarean, I would like to hold my baby skin-to-skin as soon as possible after the operation. If I am unable to for some time after the delivery, then please allow my partner to hold my baby skin-to-skin.

Rooming - in
I would like to room in with my baby 24 hours a day to give my baby plenty of skin-to-skin time and so I can learn my baby’s feeding cues and feed him at his first sign of hunger. If for some reason my baby and I are not in the same room, please bring him/her to me at the earliest hunger cues, such as sucking on hands, making sucking noises, rapid eye movements or rooting.

BreastFeeding Assistance
Please teach me how to identify a good latch and how to correct my baby’s positioning and latch if improvement is needed. Please teach me how to recognize my baby’s early hunger cues and how to tell if my baby is breastfeeding well.

Breast Pump
If my baby is unable to breastfeed or is separated from me due to medical reasons, I want to be able to use a breast pump within 6 hours of delivery. If you think I am going to need a pump longer than my hospital stay or if there is not a double electric breast pump available, please remind me to call my WIC office for a pump.

Discharge Bags
Please do not give me a discharge bag containing formula or show me any promotional or marketing materials concerning artificial baby milk.

BreastFeeding Support After Discharge
I would like to receive contact information for breastfeeding support in case I need help with breastfeeding after my baby and I are at home.


Ada pelbagai cara dan mama tertarik dengan BF Plan yg dibuat oleh kawan mama Hayatie Hasyim .....ia sangat kreatif, simple dan mudah difahami....Panduan untuk ibu2 yg bakal melahirkan terutama untuk ibu2 baru...Inilah hak2 kita ....:PERTAHANKAN!


Panjang2kan ilmu ini ya....semoga ramai mendapat manfaatnya.....jangan lupa nyatakan sumber dari mana ya...sepertimana yg saya lakukan di bawah:






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails